I’m back with my holiday favorites. Enjoy! And have a safe and happy Christmas!
- Australia – Ok, yeah, so it’s very predictable but totally great! Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are amazing – lots of the right chemistry. The movie is big, brash and totally romantic – kind of a cross between Titanic and Gone with the Wind! I loved it, although I note that a lot of the critics didn’t. It’s a movie experience not to be missed.
- Quantum of Solace – Reminiscent of the Bourne Identity flicks, it’s all action with a pouting Daniel Craig and a very beautiful Olga Kurylenko.
- Changeling – A very gripping movie based on a true story. Angelina Jolie’s performance is quite remarkable as the mother whose seven year old son goes missing. John Malkovich is also part of the compelling cast. Directed by Clint Eastwood, this is a serious piece of movie making. Beautifully crafted, you will not be disappointed.
- Defiance – A tour de force from director Ed Zwick. Great performances from Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber.
- T.V. SHOWS
- Dexter is still right up there as one of the best. A do-gooder serial killer with a ton of quirky charm. Nobody does it better than Michael C. Hall.
- Californication still kicks it too. Outrageously sexual in content, the actors are all magnificent especially Natasha McElhone as the long suffering but extraordinarily beautiful Karen. And the wild and wonderful David Duchovny as a bad boy Hank Moody.
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta, New York, Orange County, anyone of these reality shows will do. And critics say that I make up unbelievable characters. I think not! Watch one of these shows and form your own opinion.
- Worst Week is a brilliantly hilarious new half hour comedy show on CBS.
- Brothers & Sisters very very watchable. Love the entire cast, and Sally Fields holds it all together as the matriarch of the family.
I’m still addicted to Gossip Girl, The Hills, and Lipstick Jungle. Yes, I am an unabashed T.V. junkie! I don’t know how I find the time to write my books!
Finally, catch Skins and Gavin & Stacey on BBC America. Both gems.
- Britney is back! So glad to hear her at the top of her game. Womanizer is a great track, and so are many of the other tracks on this fab CD. Love it!
- I’m also loving Seal’s “It’s a Mans Mans World.”, and Kanye West’s “Welcome to Heartbreak.”
- And for a seductive and strangely addictive sound, Carla Bruni crooning sexy French love songs. Well she is married to the French Prime Minister!!
- At First Sight by Stephen J. Cannell. This is a different kind of book from Stephen Cannell. It’s all about obsession and murder. Very unputdownable.
- Outtakes From a Marriage by Anne Leary. The wife of Dennis Leary, so great on T.V.’s Rescue Me. Hmm… Ann Leary is a terrific writer, but is her lead character a little to close to home??
- The photo book of the year is Vanity Fair Portraits. Spectacular!
Once again, I can’t read much when I am in the middle of writing a book, but I did manage to get through two novels which I enjoyed.
And finally, more all time classics
- Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison – so heartwarming.
- California Screamin’ – byDoug Guinan – outrageous gay L.A. story.
- Dog Day Afternoon – starring the one and only Al Pacino
- Knots Landing – the other ultimate soap!.