Jackie Collins’ 5 Do’s and a Do-Over (Chick Lit Is Not Dead)
Just like a familiar song or your favorite pair of jeans, you know you can always count on a Jackie Collinsnovel to make you feel good. They’re always entertaining, saucy and damn fun! (The stats are uh-maze-ing:Twenty-eight NYT bestsellers & 400 million copies sold in 40 countries!) So with Poor Little Bitch Girl, (now out in paperback) we knew we were in for yet another sexy read that would no doubt include her always absorbing tales of the wealth, power and Hollywood glamour.
Here’s a synopsis of Poor Little Bitch Girl (so love typing that title!):
Denver Jones is a hotshot twenty-something attorney working in L.A. Carolyn Henderson is personal assistant to a powerful and very married Senator in Washington with whom she is having an affair. And Annabelle Maestro—daughter of two movie stars—has carved out a career for herself in New York as the madame of choice for discerning famous men. The three of them went to high school together in Beverly Hills—and although Denver and Carolyn have kept in touch, Annabelle is out on her own with her cocaine addicted boyfriend, Frankie.
Then there is Bobby Santangelo Stanislopolous, the Kennedyesque son of Lucky Santangelo and deceased Greek shipping billionaire, Dimitri Stanislopolous. Bobby owns Mood, the hottest club in New York. Back in the day he went to high school with Denver, Carolyn and Annabelle. And he connected with all three of them. Frankie is his best friend.
When Annabelle’s beautiful movie star mother is found shot to death in the bedroom of her Beverly Hills mansion, the five of them find themselves thrown together . . . and secrets from the past have a way of coming back to haunt everyone. . . .
And you know the drill, ladies (and gents). Just leave a comment here and be entered to win one of five copies of Poor Little Bitch Girl. We’ll randomly select the winners after 6:00 P.M., EST on Friday, March 18th.
We are beside ourselves to have such a legend (did we mention twenty-eight NYT bestsellers?) answering our 5 Do’s and a Do-Over! (We love them all-but especially #1 & #3 & Lisa is particularly good at #4!)
Can we have a majuh drum roll please….
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS….JACKIE COLLINS’ 5 DO’S AND A DO-OVER:
1. Do something you love to do every day.Something that makes you feel good and puts you in a fantastic mood. Everyone has different needs, so decide what will do it for you. Working out? Making love? Drinking a cup of your favorite coffee? Go for it!! My heroines always do, and they come out on top!
2. Clear out your closet every six months. Rule of thumb – if you haven’t worn it in a year – it’s history! So be ruthless. Trust me, when it’s done you will feel so free and ready for some major shopping! No regrets.
3. Do make a list of six things you wish to achieve every week – one a day – with Sunday off. You will be surprised how much you can achieve if you write it down.
4. Do indulge yourself once a week by just doing nothing. And by doing nothing I mean just sitting around with no pressure, maybe reading a book or mindlessly watching junk T.V. I am a TiVo junkie, and catching up on shows nobody else watches (or pretends they don’t) is totally relaxing. Never feel guilty for doing nothing.
5. Do tell the people you love how special they are. Life is fragile, and words of love are deeply precious and never regretted. Treat others the way you would like them to treat you. And remember – forgiveness makes you feel amazing and frees the soul. Karma is a powerful thing.
You know, I have lived a very exciting and full life surrounded by fascinating people. A do over? I don’t think so. We are what we make of ourselves and I have worked hard to become who I am today.